MAG UK and Affiliated Club Events List
Clubs Village Farmyard Party
AFFILIATED CLUB INVITE TO THE FARMYARD PARTY
As a Motorcycle Action Group Affiliated Club You Are Courtly Invited To Attend And Exhibit At The 23rd Farmyard Party 2009
Please accept this missive as a personal invitation from MAG and me the clubs liaison officer to come along to Farmyard Party. Please bring a stand to promote your club and its activities, as you will find no better venue to promote yourselves to a total like-minded crowd and you never know you may find potential new members.
The Farmyard Party is the biggest bikes-only rally in this country, larger even than anything in Europe. Last year's party was a spectacular event which made a very positive impression on many folk whom had never been before envisaged attending such an event.
Pete Walker (the event's organiser) said "The appeal of the Farmyard Party is very broad-based and we're keen to build on the event's popularity by making it the nation's prime gathering of clubs. This is a great social occasion and we want to make the Clubs Village a great success."
Bring your stand along - for free - and we'll also throw in two tickets for your trouble. I realise, of course, that in this life you don't get anything for nothing. Actually in this case you do, unless of course you want to buy me a beer, which will be more than welcome.
I hope to see many of you there with your stands. And don't forget, the cut off date for applications is 1st May, so get your fingers out and book now.
If you would like any further details on this or any other Yorkshire MAG events please visit www.farmyardparty.com where you can contact the organisers direct and obtain some useful and a some not so useful information regarding our events.
National Clubs Liaison Officer
"Never in the field of human transport have so many been represented by so few"
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MAG CLUB STANDS - THE FARMYARD PARTY 2008
- All clubs requiring stands must be MAG affiliated.
- Participating clubs will receive two complimentary Farmyard Party tickets for stand officials.
- A maximum of two small (2-3 man) tents may be pitched behind each stand for security purposes.
- Only one 4-wheeled vehicle may be brought onto the site for the sole purpose of transporting the club stand. This vehicle will be unloaded and parked in the traders parking area for the duration of the event.
- The purpose of club stands is to show / promote clubs and their activities.
- Stands must be safely erected and maintained during the weekend to ensure public safety at all times.
- Whilst the Farmyard Party is a broad minded, adult orientated event, we request that club organisers remain mindful of, and respect customer's thoughts and beliefs. With this in mind we ask you scrutinise the suitability of stands, club members' activities and promotional content.
- Clubs running stands must behave in a sociable and acceptable way towards all marshals, Farmyard Party customers and any other visitors.
- Clubs must not bring large amounts of alcohol onto the site, either for club use or general sale; this is in accordance with standard Farmyard Party policy.
- The area around club stands may be used as a meeting point but must not be used as a mobile clubhouse. Club representatives will be required to disperse groups congregating around the area to party until after 8 pm.
- The event's management has the right to alter the program or the event without prior notice.
- The decisions of the event's management/marshals/MAG staff must be adhered to at all times and are final.
- The event's management, after it has in its opinion exhausted all other avenues of conciliation, has the authority to ask individuals or clubs to leave the event or otherwise have them removed if necessary.
- We ask you to please remember that marshals and organisers give their time freely to ensure the Farmyard Party runs safe and successfully - please help them to make this a great 22nd event.
- The stand cleanliness and general hygiene is the responsibility of the club and stand organiser and as such we would expect that the stand to be of good appearance and litter free. Also we would appreciate that the general area of the stand be cleaned before the club leaves the site on Sunday.
- I know the above dos and don'ts look a bit OTT but these things are best said, then that way we don't have any fallouts do we? So thanks for your time and interest, here's to a great party.
THE FARMYARD PARTY CLUB APPLICATION FOR 2008
Please return this completed form to the above address before the cut off date of 1st May 2008
All clubs will be sent passes by 1st June 2008
Frequently Asked Questions About the Clubs Village
(Well the only one ever asked was #4 so we made the rest up)
- Can we bring our own booze? We at MAG towers always allow our customers to bring there own drink, we do ask that you do not use your four wheeled stand vehicle for this purpose though, it's bad form to our bar people you know. Bring what you like on your bikes though.
- Will electricity be provided? No sorry, bring your own generator/torches.
- Will it rain? Not sure, please ask the CMA.
- Can I bring my dog? Yes if he/she is a MAG member and always under control.
- Are there any showers? Afraid not, I suggest some wet ones and deodorant and ask a passer-by for help I've made so good friends this way.
- Can we bring the stand and set up on Thursday? That is the general idea you fool, read the invite!
- I have special dietary requirements; can I bring 4-dozen Eccles cakes? Yes as long as you give the clubs officer one or two.
- Are we covered by Public Liability Insurance? Yes you are but your stand is not covered. If it catches fire or is struck by lightening because you have offended some ancient god, then its down to you for being stupid or offending ancient gods.
- Can I buy the clubs officer a beer? Yes you can, please feel free.
- Will there be a falafel van on site? I hope so.
- What is the club officer's record at cheeseburger eating? 23
- Can I bring my mum? Only if she is bringing some home baking and gives some of it to the clubs officer.
- Does my bum look big in this? Not sure, have you given the clubs officer any beer yet?
- Will I be able to purchase a badge for the event? Yes and a t-shirt.
- Who won the world cup in 1932? It's a trick question, there wasn't one.
- Can we sell our clubs merchandise? Yes as long as it does not clash with a paying traders goods.
- I am a naturist and like to wander around naked, is this ok? No afraid not, the Yorkshire folk are easily offended at this type of behaviour.
- Can I poke my tongue out at passers by? Only if they are looking at you in a funny way.
Download the Farmyard Party Flier
MOBILE PHONE NUMBER
STAND FRONTAGE MEASUREMENT
STAND DEPTH MEASUREMENT
Declaration: I have seen, read, understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set out (Terms and Conditions for MAG Club Stands for the Farmyard Party 2007)