FEMA is the Brussels-based Non-Governmental Organisation representing riders’ interests within the European Union institutions and the United Nations agencies.
We are looking for a dynamic individual (m/f) to join the FEMA Secretariat. The full-time job will be located in Brussels (starting date 1st January 2009) and will involve a 6 months trial period.
- Working with EU institutions on developments in EC policy and legislation impacting motorcyclists and motorcycling.
- Monitoring and analysis of policy and regulatory developments, advising member national organisations on their implications, supporting campaigns of the national member organisations in relation to proposed EC policy and legislation.
- Developing and drafting communication material.
- Drafting clear reports on policy and regulatory issues.
- Drafting position papers.
- Managing PR events.
- An exciting and rewarding full-time job in a federation representing citizens.
- Inspiring co-operation with the delegates of the 24 member associations from 19 different countries.
- Interesting contacts with our European and International partners (riders’ organisations, industry, others).
- An informal working environment in a three people Secretariat.
- A remuneration package according to working experience, with fringe benefits.
WE ASK FOR
- Either a university degree or relevant working experience at an equivalent level.
- A practising motorcycle rider.
- English on a native speaking level; any other European language is an asset (particularly German).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Skills in dealing with the media.
- Good computer skills (including web/graphic knowledge).
- Ability to work in a small team operating in an international environment.
- Willingness to occasionally work abroad and at weekends.
- Knowledge of the EU decision-making procedures.
- Ideally: working for a riders’ organisation professionally or as a volunteer.
- Professional experience in the EU institutions and/or lobbying field is an advantage.
- Experience in sourcing of funds is an asset.
- Experience in a Non-Governmental Organisation or in the Transport sector is an asset.
Send CV, picture and application letter before 10th October 2008 to:
Mr Hans Petter Strifeldt, President
Rue des Champs 62
Selected candidates will be interviewed in Brussels on 25th October 2008. The final interview session with the candidates from the short-list will take place on 10th November 2008.